You can read the back story of this project in the A1200 project blog but in summary:
My brother gave me a C=128 for Christmas of 2015. I admit to being a bit lazy with it and not doing much.
I did however get it powered up here in Japan for a short time, and had composite video working on a multimedia LCD display. I never did get the VGA mod working. I still want to get that done.
My plans for it are as follows:
- A good clean-up
- Capacitor replacement
- One of the key caps falls off... have to fix that
- Get the VGA mod working
- Hack both the VGA and Composite mods to fit inside the case
- Internal switching PSU. Just plug any 19V brick from virtually anywhere in the world
- Umm.. some storage / floppy disk emulation would be good!
- Possibly a ROM package?
- CPU overclocking hack?
- Serial to USB (such as FTDI) to do serial modem file transfers from a PC
- Any other ideas?
- I had considered something redonk: internal battery and charge controller, mounted LCD.. it would be a "laptop 128"! HAHA maybe not.